Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sister Lybbert is leaving me! :(

Hello Family and Friends,

Wow does time fly. I have been here in England for almost two months! I can not believe it! You may be curious to why I am writing to you guys on a Tuesday. Well it's because yesterday was transfer call night. Which mean't all the missionaries, in the mission, were going to find out where and who they will be serving with the next transfer. Sister Lybbert is going back to Canada. She has been packing her things for the past few days now. It has been actually really sad. I am going to miss her!  Because she is leaving me I knew I was going to get a new companion. All of yesterday my stomach was in knots. I was so nervous to find out my new companion! That night I found out I will be saying here in Keighley serving with Sister Smith. She is a sister from my Zone who is actually from Utah. I have talked with her several times before. I am excited to serve with her this next transfer! 

This week not much has happened. We have met with a lot of members and investigators. The only exciting news I have this week is about Eddie. Eddie spoke in Stake Conference on Sunday. He has been a member for only three weeks and he gave a talk in Stake Conference! Eddie is incredible! He gave the talk without any notes! I honestly could never do that. He is a natural! He is soaking up everything Sister Lybbert and I have taught him. He really loves the Gospel, his Savior, and his Heavenly Father. He is a wonderful example to me!

Well, it is time for me to go. I love you all! Thank you for all your support. You guys are the best! Have an AMAZING week!

Sister Garrett

English word of the week:

Dodgy: 1. scary, sketchy, and/or dark.

Example- The streets of England are sometimes dodgy at night because the street lamps are very dim.

No comments:

Post a Comment