Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The week of MANY Mini Miracles!

Hi-ya family and friends,

I hope your week has been great! As you can see by my subject mine was. Like I said this week has been filled with Many Mini Miracles. It all honestly started on Wednesday. So I will go through the week....

Wednesday, we went by a solid potential we found last week. His name is Kyle. We decided to go by and visit him. When we went over we actually got to his house right on time. He just got home from work 30 minutes previously. We set up an appointment with him for Friday. 

Thursday, we have a potential named Sophie we found last week. We tried calling her but she never answered so we decided to go by her house. Sophie was busy at the moment but we got a return appointment with her for next week.

Friday, Kyle's appointment came. We brought a member with us because Kyle was under 55. And guess what? Kyle didn't flog!! We taught him the Restoration and it was great! He understands that he needs to find out the truth of the message by himself and not just believing us. Kyle is a new investigator with a goal of baptism on the 22nd of August. 

Saturday, we had a lesson with another potential named Rebecca. I found Rebecca with Sister Georgson while knocking. We taught her about the Restoration as well! Guess what? Another new investigator! She seems really genuine and wanting to find the truth. Next week she plans on coming to church with her four kids. 

Later that day we received text message saying, "Hi this is Arash, I'm interested to visit the church of Jesus Christ, could you please send me the address and the time you start. Thanks" "You gave this card (with your number) to my friend" Well Sister Silvennoinen and I gave him the address and time. Sunday morning we see Arash (whom we never met) and his friend we gave the card to. On Tuesday we will be teaching them with our Ward Mission Leader. 

Later that day we visited more potentials and have two more return appointments!! This week has taught me to just be patient and to work hard! Hard work eventually pays off. I love missionary work and the mini miracles that make a week so wonderful! I hope you all have a great week! :)

With much love,
Sister Garrett


P.S. I finished the Book of Mormon again two days ago. The Book of Mormon is so true! Heavenly Father loves us. His love is shown by him giving us the Book of Mormon. Read it and find it out yourself! :) I love you all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment