Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Good week.

Dear Family and Friends,

This week wasn't as good as last week. Sister Silvennoinen's and I focus on the previous week was better. This week we tried visiting potentials, less-actives, and some of the Elders former investigators. Not many people answered the door. It is a bit frustrating to knock on the door and know they are inside but they don't come to the door. Sister Silvennoinen and I recognised that this next week needs to be better then this past week. We want to improve our finding.

We have been working with a less active named George lately. He keeps saying he is going to come to church but he never shows up. We decided to re-teach George the lessons. He loved the Restoration lesson but makes excuses about coming to church. This week we wanted to help him come to church.

At the Zone Training on Wednesday I learned a lot! I came back and realized I want to be a better finder. I want to work on being more confident and talking to everyone. I want to be better at my approaches and transitions. I went on an exchange with Sister Davis after the meeting. Sister Davis is great! I felt boosted after her exchange! These past few days I have gained more confidence in myself and in my finding.

Sister Davis and I taught a lesson to a girl and her friend on Thursday. Her name is Fahmida and her friend name is Molly. I believe Molly has a lot of potential. We don't have any contact info for her but we will get it from Fahmida.

Ward Council this week was really good! The focus was about how we can make Sacrament Meeting better. I feel I personally made this Sunday better. On the way to church Sister Silvennoinen asked me what my favorite sacrament hymn was. I told her "I Stand All Amazed" or "How Great Thou Art." The sacrament hymn sung at church was "I Stand All Amazed". I felt the spirit so strong! While they were passing the sacrament I went over the words.

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
 Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Because of my mistakes Jesus Christ suffered. I love being on a mission! All my weakness and mistakes have come to light while being on a mission. And Jesus Christ can help me. He loves me and he wants me to have the best chance. Now it is up to me to do the rest. These next 9 months of my mission I want to work harder and make the most of the time I have. Time on the mission is just way to short. I love my mission!


Sister Garrett


No comments:

Post a Comment