Monday, July 6, 2015

The start of a new transfer.

My family and friends,

Wednesday was sad to have to part ways with Sister Georgson. Her and I were best friends. We seriously were the same person. I felt, honestly, empty to not have her in Grimsby. 

My new companion is Sister Silvenoinen. She is from Finland. Hence, why it is hard to pronounce her name. Good luck. Her and I were in the MTC together so she has been out for almost 9 months. Sister Silvenoinen is the oldest of 8 children and everyone in her family is a member. She is 21 and loves to read.

Sister Silvenoinen is naturally very quiet and shy. The past few days has been actually difficult to get use to. Sister Silvenoinen and I have different ways to find and so it was hard at first to find with her. She talked to everybody but I thought the way she found was a bit awkward. I was a bit stubborn I have to admit. Last night when we got home from a lesson we talked about how we each felt. We worked everything out and made goals of how we can help the area in Grimsby grow. I am excited to work hard with her this transfer!!

I was reading in Preach My Gospel this morning in Chapter 9 How to Find People to Teach under Talk with Everyone. I came a
cross a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants I would like to share with all of you. It is in section 60 verses 2-3. It showed me how I need to be more willing to share my talents and to not be fearful but courageous. I challenge all of you guys to improve your talents this week! :) Have a great week everyone!!

Sister Garrett

P.S. I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament meeting. It was great! I actually love giving talks now. Surprising! 


No comments:

Post a Comment