Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 2? Week 3? in Grimsby....

To my family and friends,

I feel like I just emailed. The days are going by so fast here in Grimsby. I feel like I have been here for a couple months. This week was kinda of like last week. Sister Goergson, Sister Holland, and I did a lot of finding. 25 hours this week. This week though we found quite a lot of potentials. We have  a lot of appointments this week. Tuesday (28th of April) we have four appointments with people we found this week and Wednesday (29 of April) we have two. I am finally seeing the fruits of our labors here in Grimsby.

One woman in particular that Sister Holland and I found (Sister Georgson went with the Relief Society President to visit a sister. We go on a lot of exchanges with members in the ward to get more things done. It is nice to be in a trio for that reason.) Anyway, Sister Holland and I found this woman named Charlie. All Sister Holland did was say hi and she stopped to talk to us. Here in England that doesn't happen... She seemed so prepared to hear our message. She said that her grandpa just had a stroke. She seemed very emotional about it. We set a time to meet with her on Tuesday and afterward she said, " Thank you so much. I very appreciate it!" Charlie is prepared. Those moments make a mission worth it. I love finding people who are so ready, who really need the happiness the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings. It is just so great! I am so excited to see the results of this week. 

This past week I have been focusing my study on the heart. The heart is so important to missionary work. As a missionary I have been really trying to use ALL my heart in the work. I love the scripture Mosiah 7:33, "...turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind..." A full time
missionary isn't just "doing the time" it is putting your WHOLE heart into the work. This week that is my focus. I urge you guys to do the same! :) Hope you all have a BRILLANT week! Love you all!

Your missionary friend in England,
Sister Garrett



Do you call this service?
This is the road we find most of our potentials. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment