Monday, April 20, 2015

To my wonderful family and friends,

I can not believe it as only been a week in Grismby. I feel like I have been here a lot longer then that. This week has been ok. Most of the week has been made up of finding. Sister Georgson, Sister Holland, and I did 30 hours of finding this week!!! 30 hours!!! We found several people who are interested. We got their numbers, address, and a return appointment. They aren't very solid potentials BUT I am excited to try to see them this upcoming week.

So this Monday Laura text us and told us she didn't want to get baptized or learn anymore. Sister Holland, Sister Georgson and I were devastated! Like girls are, they need pick me ups, so we went and got a milkshake. (It was good!) The following morning we saw Laura walking down the road. We stopped her and asked why she didn't want us to come by anymore. We resolved her concern and set up another time we could come by. She ended up not answering the door but I know some day her heart will soften to the message of the restored gospel!

This week Sister Holland, Sister Georgson and I have tried a new finding idea. We thought since there are three of us we should split up, so one of us goes to the other side of the road to talk to people. It is a good idea because we talk to more people at the same time. Every time I went to the other side of the road I had good conversations with people and got their number and address. I met a couple, Damen and Hannah, who seem very interested in learning more about how they can find out if there is a God. I also talked to a man named Michael who was interested in learning more about God's plan for us, the Plan of Salvation. I find myself loving to talking to people on the streets! Missions do work... :)

This weekend we went on an exchange with Sister Dlamini and Sister Howard. I love exchanges because I learn so much from each person I go with. New finding technics and approaches. I do enjoy being a Sister Training Leaders companion! :)

Well I love you all very much! I hope you all have a "brilliant" week! Enjoy the sunshine in Utah. I miss it. ;)

Sister Garrett

British word of the week:

Plasture
1. Plasture is the English word for band-aid.
etc: Because of all the walking we did this week I had to put a plasture on my heel.


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment