Monday, April 13, 2015

Dear family and friends,

When finding out that I was going to leave Keighley and move to a place called Grimsby I was a bit nervous. I was excited to get to know a new area and have a fresh start BUT I found out two things that made me even more nervous.

#1 I was going to be in a trio. I was in a trio in the MTC and it was a bit hard to teach. I couldn't imagine how knocking and street contacting would be like with three people.

#2 I was going to be opening a new area where NO sister missionaries had been before.

Both have been hard to get used to but... I LOVE IT! Within these past few days I have learned so much. I have learned a lot from my companions Sister Holland and Sister Georgson. I have learned more finding technics and have been more open. When we got to our area we had nothing. No pamphlets, Book of Mormons, Mormon.org cards, or anyone to teach (empty area book). After we dropped off our stuff we went finding. We needed to eat dinner so we asked people where a good place to eat was. We stopped a woman named Laura. Laura explained how she didn't really believe in God but was open to the idea to find out. She said though that her daughter who was 10 years old believed in God. We got an appointment with Laura the next day to see her and her daughter.

On Thursday we meet Laura and her daughter, Brianna, and taught them both about Heavenly Father and how we can find out if he is there. The spirit was really strong. Laura and Brianna are both scheduled for baptism on the 9th of May. They said they were going to come to church. Unfortunately they weren't at church, but we hopefully will be seeing them tonight! :)

Grimsby 2nd ward is wonderful! They were so excited to finally have sisters in their ward. The bishop had us for tea the following night. We got into Grismby and several members called to welcome us to the ward. The ward is very small and made up of older members BUT Sister Georgson, Sister Holland and I will change that! :)

About my companions, Sister Georgson is from Alberta Canada. She has been out for 6 months. Her and I were in the same MTC group. She is 19 and has only been a member for 2 years. She is great! Sister Holland is from England. Her accent is very proper. She is 25 and will be leaving at the end of this transfer. She is the sister training leader for our area. I know I will learn a lot from her.

I am excited to be here in Grimsby by the coast! :) The town it's self isn't that impressive. It is very flat here which makes me miss the mountains but I guess the ocean will do... ;) Love you all very much! Hope you guys have a brilliant week!!

Much love,
Sister Garrett


No comments:

Post a Comment