Thursday, May 7, 2015

Miracle!

My dear family and friends,

All I can say is that hard work pays off. Over 50 hours of finding these past couple weeks and we found Charlie. Last Sunday, (26 April) we found a woman named Charlie. All we did to stop her was say hi and she stopped instantly. (Which is a miracle for England) We asked her if she believed in God and she said, "Yes I do." She hasn't really gone to church before but she was willing to hear our message. While talking to her she actually seemed emotional. From the very first time I met her I knew God had prepared her for Sister Georgson, Sister Holland, and I.

Tuesday, we had several appointments that were set up but all fell through. I was disappointed till we met with Charlie. The spirit was very strong while we taught her the restoration. After we told her about the Book of Mormon she said, "Why didn't I know about this earlier?" We invited her to be baptized on the 23 of May and she accepted. She didnt have any questions.

Throughout the week we called her to see how she was doing. Her birthday was on Friday and we even said Happy Birthday to her. She accpeted to come to church with us on Sunday. We had a plan to travel with her to the church. 

Sunday morning it was pouring outside. I was soooo worried that Charlie wasn't going to come. I kept praying and hoping she would. We got to her door and I see Charlie and her two kids, one in the push car and the other standing there. We walked all the way to the church building. From her house to the bus stop (20 mins), toke a bus ride by the chapel (15-20 mins), and walked to the church (10 mins). The ward was VERY welcoming of Charlie and her kids. One of the moms from the ward introduced her children to Charlie's kids. The kids sat pretty quiet through the sacrament. She even stayed throughout Sunday school and Relief Society. Afterward, she said she really enjoyed it and that she will come next week.

We saw her yesterday. We asked her if she had any questions about church and she had a few for us. She even asked us questions about the Book of Mormon! She really is soooo prepared! I have a strong testimony of how the Lord truly prepares people for the missionaries to teach. Charlie loved church because of the messages shared and testimonies born
but also because everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I invited all of you guys to reach out to those in your wards and also anyone you may not recognize at church. I love you all very much! Have an amazing week!!

Sister Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment