Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Transfers....

Hiya mates, (family and friends)

I am sorry this email is going to be a short one but I am running out of time so I will tell you all the details as short as possible. Last Tuesday, Sister Weakley and I received a call from President Pilkington that Sister Weakley needed to go home and that he booked a flight. Sister Weakley and I packed up her stuff and she left the next morning for home. It was a very emotional week due to that. But I feel so very grateful that I got to serve with Sister Weakley. I learned so much from her. I learned how to serve, love, have fun, enjoy life, and become more Christlike. She really taught me much and I am glad I was her companion for two transfers.

When Sister Weakley left I went into a trio with the other sisters in the flat. Sister Gornicak and Sister Van Zyl. They were lovely and very understanding of the whole situation. The week was busy because we had to fit two missionary schedules but we made it work. So now comes transfers. I expected to stay and get a new companion. I was right with one thing.... I have a new comapaion. She is from New Zealand and her name is Sister Couburn. She is lovely and I am excited to serve with her. As for my area, I will be leaving South Shields which I am quite upset about. I was just starting to get to know the ward and get comfortable. I am sure there is a reason for me to leave. I am heading to Newcastle which is in the same Stake as South Shields so it is not to far away. Well that is all the news. I am doing well and I hope all of yous are too! Until next week.


Love, Sister Garrett


No comments:

Post a Comment