Monday, March 21, 2016

"I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go"

To my amazing family and friends,
I am so sorry for not writing proper emails these past few weeks. It was been busy here in Newcastle. This past week we have been getting Dean ready for his baptism this weekend. He is so ready to make the change to follow Christ and his example. Shannon (his friend, who is a member) has been helping him along his journey of become a member of Christ's church. The both of them have helped me become stronger in so many ways. 
So I would like to share a hymn with all of you today. It is called "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go."



Now my version...
🎶I will be on an air-plane, flyin' over that England sea, 
This Wednesday I'll be flying home
Cause the Lord told me, it must be. 
I am answering, the Holy Ghost's voice 
To come home three weeks early. 
I am singing this tune to tell all of you, you will get me sooner then you think
So..... I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, 
To Utah's mountain over the sea; 
I'll head the call you asked me, dear Lord; 
To Utah, my friends, I will  to be.🎶
Hope that made sense. I did wrote that in 15 minutes so you will have to give me a break. Last p-day I thought I was going home in April but I received a prompting (as it states above) and I am coming home this Wednesday night. This was probably a shock to a lot of you, and I am still trying to wrap my head around it but you know what they say, “The Lord works in mysterious ways.” I am going to have to cut my email here but when I get home I will send a more detailed letter of my mission and all that I have learned. I have been so very grateful to have served a mission. It has blessed me in so many ways. I'm glad I have chosen to serve Heavenly Father and His children. When I first came out I thought I was going to change England. I was wrong. England changed me, for the better. Excited to see you all. 
With much love, 
Sister Garrett (soon to be Melissa.....weird....)

P.S.  By the way, my folks are having an open house for me on Saturday, but they will have to email the details because I really can’t think that far ahead right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment