Monday, October 12, 2015

We preached to a man named Keith

My wonderful Family and Friends,


I hope you all have had a good week! This week is the same as always, finding. Which isn't a bad thing. It just means we are trying to find that person who is ready to accept the Gospel. This week we did 25 hours of FUN finding. Sister Hart and I have fun while we knock doors and street contact. This week we had appointments with Bata and Carmin but they weren't able to meet with us this week. Bata was sick and Carmin was getting her kids ready for school (they just moved to England two months ago) So nothing has happened there, BUT I still think they both have potential. 

Friday we taught two Jehovah Witnesses. More like they wanted to teach us. The kept asking questions and sharing scriptures from the bible that they think proved their point. But to be honest, they didn't have the spirit. That is how I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know it through the Spirit. Sister Hart was really good in the lesson. She bore a lot of testimony that helped invite the spirit to the room. We gave one of the Jehovah Witnesses a Book of Mormon to read. She said she will read it. Another experience this week involving the Holy Ghost. :)

This week we found a man named Keith. He talked endlessly about how God cannot exist. We asked him how he knew and he said look at all the bad things happening in this world. We bore our testimonies and asked if we could share more with him sometime. He said we could come over but that we wouldn't be able to convince him. We said we could not convince him about anything. It was up to him. So we set up an appointment with him Saturday night and off we went.

Our Sister Training Leaders came on exchange with Sister Hart and I all of Saturday. So my friend and STL, Sister Davis, came to the scheduled lesson with Keith. I will be honest. I wasn't expecting Keith to answer the door when we went to his house Saturday night. What little faith I had. We got to know him a little bit better. His life, religious background, and his expectations of our visit. Then before we started the lesson we promised that he would feel the Spirit as we talked. To start it off we asked if we could offer a prayer. He said he would feel uncomfortable so he declined the offer. We respected him so we began to explain our beliefs. We taught Keith to his needs and shared the beginning part of the Plan of Salvation so that he could understood Heavenly Father and His plan for us.

Repeatedly throughout the lesson he mentioned all of the bad things that happen in this world. He couldn't accept the fact that a God could let all of these bad things happen. We talked about Agency, the purpose of life, the Holy Ghost role in our lives, and a lot about Jesus Christ. Both Sister Davis and I felt the spirit SO strong. We bore simple but powerful testimonies of Jesus Christ and God's love. Towards the end of the lesson you could see Keith completely change. We asked him to read the Book of Mormon. He accepted. We asked him if he would be baptized. He said he doesn't know enough at this point. (which we explained to him that we can help him with that) We asked if we could say a kneeling prayer with him. He said YES! We set up a return appointment and we are seeing him Wednesday.

The Holy Ghost is the real teacher. Sister Davis and I said what Keith needed to hear. All because of the spirit, Keith was able to turn completely around. I love this Gospel. It is so simple and that's what makes it so powerful. I love England and the people here. I cannot believe I hit my year mark Friday. I cannot face that fact. 

Until next week,
Sister Garrett :)




No comments:

Post a Comment