Tuesday, May 26, 2015

CHARLIE!!! :) :) :)

Hi-ya to my family and friends,

I just want to start off by saying that I am sooooooo happy to be able to witness Charlie's baptism this Saturday!! This last Sunday, Charlie had her baptismal interview. She passed! This week we taught her about tithing. She is a single parent, with no job, going to school, lives in a flat, has two kids to look after, and is in debt. When we taught her about tithing she understood why, as members of the church, we would pay tithing but she couldn't see how she would pay tithing herself. So Sister Georgson and I prayed hard for her! And on Sunday, she met with the bishop and she committed to pay tithing after she is baptized!! She is really doing so great. The first time I met her I could tell she was struggling, but now she is so happy and confident! The Gospel of Jesus Christ really does change people!

Besides Charlie we got another investigator this week. His name is Nick. Nick is probably in his 50's. He had his dad, brother, and uncle pass away within the last 10 years. He is fairly interested to learn more about the Gospel. We answered a lot of his questions last Wednesday when we taught him. He thinks it is great to see young women our age "changing the world". It interests him to see why we would leave our homes to come here by ourselves. Nick seems quite promising. We will be seeing him again on Wednesday.

Thursday was Zone Conference. I just love Zone Conference!! I learn of so many things that I personally need to do better at. I came back with a long list that I need to improve on. I love President and Sister Pilkington so much! I know they are in this mission to personally help me. I look up to them so much and the words they spoke help inspire me. We found out that two weeks from Thursday we official get IPads. I am not to excited about it but I know it can be used as a tool to help the work here in the England Leeds Mission. I am so glad to be here on a mission in the best mission in the WORLD! I am truly lucky! I love you all for your wonderful support and I hope you all have a great week!

Until I email again,

Sister Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment