Monday, January 5, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! (from the UK)

Wow, I can't believe it is another New Year! 2014 flew by! I'm going to be in England for the whole year of 2015. Crazy. This whole year will be dedicated to the Lord's work. I'm very excited to be a part of the building of his kingdom here in England. 

So this week has been wonderful! On Monday, Sister Smith and I decided for P-day we wanted to ride the steam train. So we bought our ticket and rode through the country of England on a stream train! How cool is that? I really realized how beautiful the country side of England is. There are fields upon fields of green grass (and sheep. Do not forget the sheep!) I am really so blessed to be serving in the England Leeds Mission!

On New Years Eve, Sister Smith and I spent it at a members home. Her name is Angela Day. She is a wonderful lady. New Years Eve was quiet this year but I really liked the simplicity of New Years Eve. I loved getting to know Angela! 

New Years Day was probably the best day of the week! We spent the day with the Kitsell family. The Kitsells are a family in the ward who are very kind and nice to us missionaries. They decided to take Sister Smith and I to Bolton Abbey. Which is a 800 year old ruin of an Abbey owned by monks and nuns long ago. We walked to the Abbey which were surrounded by green fields and well, it was amazing!

Unfortunately, Saturday morning Sister Smith wasn't feeling well at all. She has been a little sick lately but she didn't think much of it and on Saturday she had to be confined to her bed. Which mean't I was confined to the house. I decided to read my scriptures with this long length of time I had and finished the Book of Mormon last night. I couldn't put the book down! I become so involved with the story and wow. The spirit I felt was incredible! I know without a doubt the Book of Mormon is true. The spirit testified that to me. I encourage you all to read and gain that testimony for yourself. Read it everyday! I love you all! Make 2015 the best one yet!!

With much love,Sister Garrett


No comments:

Post a Comment