Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Resting and reading.

Sister Weakley is doing better. For the most part she has been able to control her blood but sometimes it randomly shoots down or spikes up. She seems frustrated that she cannot control it but I think she is handling it very well! She is an inspiration to me! :) Since her body is adjusting to sugar and insulin we have been resting a lot. As I have been in the flat I have been keeping up on my scripture reading. I love it. Since nothing has happened I would like to share with you more revelation I have received this week and about our testimony meeting yesterday.

I have come to appreciate testimony meetings even more being on a mission. The spirit was so strong yesterday that I had to go up. I shared my feelings that I have had the past few weeks with the ward. They were along the lines of trials and their purpose. As individuals we have many struggles in life that make us question life, and even God. God loves each of His children. Those who are hurting and the ones that are struggling. He loves each of us. Because He loves us and wants us to grow he allows us to have trials to help us grow. He does not like to see us struggle and in pain but he knows our potential.

I was reading about Nephi's life and how positive of an attitude he chose to have admit all his circumstances. The time he broke his bow effected him and his family. (1 Nephi 16:21-25) Nephi must have struggled. He could have easily murmured like his brothers but he didn't he accepted that his bow broke and did something about it! Richard G. Scott said,

"May I share some suggestions with you who face... the testing that a wise Heavenly Father determines is needed even when you are living worthy, righteous life, and are obedient to His commandments. Just when all seems to be going right , challenges often come in multiple does applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching and that generally entails discomfort and pain." (Oct. 1995)

We can chose to murmur and complain but we will benefit a lot more if we follow Nephi's example. Trials are for our benefit. God does love us and he reaches out for us with open arms! Hope you all have a great week! :)

Until next time,
Sister Garrett





2 comments:

  1. Sister Garrett enjoyed reading your blog and that your serving a mission to bring souls unto Christ.pleased to hear Sister Weakley is well tell her l'm asking after her she served in the Alnwick branch my name is Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete