Tuesday, November 4, 2014

First Full Week In The Mission Field

Hiya loves,
(That's how they say it here in Keighley England)
My first week in the mission field was grand! On Monday Sister Lybbert and I taught a lesson to Eddie and I asked Eddie if he wanted to be baptized on the 15th of November and he said.... YES!!! So we have been teaching him all the lessons since then. He understands everything we are teaching him and it's wonderful! I can't wait for November 15th! :)

The week mushed all together but what I can remember is that the week was filled with appointments where Sister Lybbert and I were flogged (the people we were to teach didn't show up), lessons, street contacting, and door approaches. For me, the door approaches are the hardest but I'm slowing improving. One time we knocked on this guys door and he told Sister Lybbert and I that we were brainwashed and that the church is a horrible influence. Another lady said that we were cruel and horrible people. Then just yesterday, a guy said he was having a good day until he saw us. Some people are so rude and cruel. Sister Lybbert and I couldn't help but laugh though because they are really missing out. But when you meet people who are just so kind and willing to know more about the message we teach you forget about the mean people.

That's really it. The most I've learned in this last week is to be confident. It's scary to teach lessons and approach people but the message of the gospel is something everyone needs to hear. I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week!


Sister Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment